VDrift 2006-10-06 is simulation software developed by Joe Venzon. VDrift is a cross-platform, open source driving simulation made with drift racing in mind. VDrift project is powered by the excellent Vamos physics engine. It is released under the GNU General Public License (GPL) v2. It is currently available for Linux and Windows. This game is in the early stages of development but is already very playable.
This game is in the early stages of development but is already very playable. Currently the game features:
* Over 20 tracks, almost 30 cars
* Simple networked multiplayer mode (currently disabled, waiting to be rewritten)
* Very realistic physics
* Mouse/joystick/gamepad/wheel/keyboard support
* Fully modeled tracks, scenery and terrain
* Several different camera modes
* Basic replay system with Skip Forward/Skip Backward
* Fully customizable controls
* Joystick, mouse and keyboard input filtering
* Brake lights
* Driver aids: automatic shifting, traction control, anti-lock braking
* Experimental force feedback
VDrift aims to be a realistic racing game where it is possible to do drift racing on road courses.